Ever since I was a little kid I’ve been hit with the travel bug. Big time.
I’ve travelled around the world, lived abroad and am currently planning my next big international trip (Bali, here I come!). However, since starting my art career I found that traveling it not only good for the soul but it’s also good for your creativity and artistry.
I love to travel, I absolutely love it, and I hope you do to! But if you’re not 100% convinced that a trip abroad will help you become a better artist then take a look at my list below. Here are the top reasons why traveling helps you become a better artist;
- You will meet amazing people who may inspire you along the way
- Leaving your comfort zone, daily rituals and habits can help push you into new experiences and help you see the world in new ways, which you can then transfer to your art
- You never know where your next client will come from! I was on a trip to Belgium once when I met a client and set up a commission
- The world is surrounded by great art! Traveling abroad will help you experience art history firsthand
- You’ll focus the basic skills of your art practice. When you only have a sketchbook and pencil in your backpack, you have no other choice but to get back to basics!
- The world is beautiful, seeing new landscapes and environments will give you new ideas of places, people and things to paint.
- You never know where your inspiration will come from. Change helps to foster creativity.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to take a trip and go abroad! See you at the beach!