This fall I've had a few photo shoots to add to my website, blog, media and Instagram. The whole process can be lots of fun and success as long as you're prepared. To help out, here is a list I've put together to help you out....
- Send a brief to your photographer: make sure you're going into the photo shoot on the same page. Set a date for the photos to be delivered, decide if you want mostly horizontal/vertical photos, let them know the theme you're looking for, and set your intentions. They should know what your plans are so they can bring the right supplies and help the process go more smoothly.
- Set a theme: What is the purpose of your shoot? Are there any holidays coming up that you need to prepare for? What will these photos be used for? Figure it out and go prepared.
- Bring props: are there any holidays coming up that you need to prepare for? Also, make sure to bring multiple changes of clothes so that it looks like these photos were taken on different dates.
- Document the process: bring along your photo to get behind-the-scene photos that you can use on social media or on your blog.
- Set a schedule: your time with the photographer is limited. Set your plan for the photo shoot, all of the goals you want to accomplish, and make sure you stick to it.
The moral of the story is that if you prepare and plan ahead you should be good to go! Think the process through and set your intentions ahead of time!
Did I miss any? If so, let me know on Instagram or send me an email.